PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy safety assembly for model 12

1 mil
12-13-2019, 12:23 AM
I managed to loose the safety button on my model 12 action. The usual gun parts places seem to be out of stock. Anyone have one to sell or know where?
Thanks for the help.

Fotheringill
12-13-2019, 12:45 PM
I may be Captain Obvious here, but did you call Savage's Parts Department? If you did, did they say to send the rifle in and they would install for you paying the shipping and $XXX for the installation?

If you have dealt with Savage, it would not surprise me if they refuse to send the part and risk a lawsuit if you install incorrectly. I wouldn't disagree with them 100%. What I can't figure out is why one has to spit blood before they will sell you AccuTrigger springs.

Texas10
12-13-2019, 11:47 PM
Whether or not Savage might sell that part may depend solely upon who you talk to in Customer Service. I've had mixed results getting so-called "restricted parts" by signing a waiver. Seems some there don't want to take the walk over to the fax machine. But if that's the case, you can have a gunsmith order the part for you. Mine did it for free, but I was also paying him $175 to thread a barrel and install a tuner. ( He did a beautiful job).

If you can get the part from Savage, it'll be the least expensive source you go to. So I would start there first.

1 mil
12-14-2019, 12:13 PM
Right you folks are. Savage will send me the parts free but only through an FFL gunsmith. Once before they sent me a trigger sear after signing the waiver. Was hoping to avoid the middleman. Maybe I'll call back and try to talk them into the waiver option. Thanks