PDA

View Full Version : Failure to Feed 110 in .223

Totosdad
12-09-2019, 02:01 PM
I bought a 110 Varmint in .223 and have about 200 rounds through it.

Today as I was using it, it would not feed rounds 3 & 4 from the magazine
unless I pushed up on the rear of the magazine. When I got home,
I put a dab of gun grease on the rear of magazine where it latches in the action.
that seemed to do the trick, just wondering if any others have experienced
this problem.

The rifle is about a month old

Stumpkiller
12-09-2019, 02:18 PM
Couple thoughts. When inserting the magazine do the rear first. You should hear a click when the tab at the back passes over the catch lip and then a second when the front clip grabs.

With the magazine empty and lying on a table try pushing the follower straight down using a pair of pencils or a strip of thin wood. You want to make sure it travels smoothly down and back up. Sometimes the follower (any magazine brand) can get tipped off the spring(s) inside and pushing it down to the bottoming out level realigns the springs.

But if it turns out something is keeping the magazine from fully seating at the back you may have to find out what is stopping it.Take the bolt out and watch the magazine from above as you insert it.

Bill2905
12-09-2019, 07:12 PM
I concur with what Stumpkiller shared with you. Inserting the rear end first is key. If it continues and you can't diagnose the problem, it could be an issue with the magazine. I had a magazine issue on a new 10T-SR .223 and they immediately offered me a new one. Savage is good about replacing them if you call customer service and report the problem on your new rifle. I think they get a lot of complaints about magazines and it's just easier for them to send a new one.