PDA

View Full Version : Prodigal son returns

rifrench
12-08-2019, 12:06 PM
Hi all- Haven't been here in a long time, I got involved in MSR's. In the November state elections the blue guys won over the legislature and we may lose our MSR's, mere possession will be a felony.

At any rate, I am looking to a left hand action rifle so that I can use my investment in 6.8 SPC reloading equipment and components. I am left eye dominant and I am not going to buy any more right hand rifles. I had no problems with the AR rifles, because I found Stag Arms has/had a left hand safety lever. It worked well.

Looking for a little help here, bolt heads and barrels can be switched, so basically I am looking for a left hand Savage I can adapt!

Thanks in advance, Rick

Ted_Feasel
12-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Hi all- Haven't been here in a long time, I got involved in MSR's. In the November state elections the blue guys won over the legislature and we may lose our MSR's, mere possession will be a felony.

At any rate, I am looking to a left hand action rifle so that I can use my investment in 6.8 SPC reloading equipment and components. I am left eye dominant and I am not going to buy any more right hand rifles. I had no problems with the AR rifles, because I found Stag Arms has/had a left hand safety lever. It worked well.

Looking for a little help here, bolt heads and barrels can be switched, so basically I am looking for a left hand Savage I can adapt!

Thanks in advance, RickDepending on what your wanting, savage makes some VERY nice target actions that are ported for left and right.. the have left bolt handle, left feed with right eject and Visa-versa and just pure left handed , the are in the $500 range but they are factory trued, bolt, pin and everything is In perfect coaxial alignment.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Robinhood
12-08-2019, 04:45 PM
Depending on what your wanting, savage makes some VERY nice target actions that are ported for left and right.. the have left bolt handle, left feed with right eject and Visa-versa and just pure left handed , the are in the $500 range but they are factory trued, bolt, pin and everything is In perfect coaxial alignment.

Where can I get a left bolt Target action?

Ted_Feasel
12-08-2019, 05:45 PM
Where can I get a left bolt Target action?http://northlandshooterssupply.com/actions/savage/

Ted_Feasel
12-08-2019, 05:47 PM
Where can I get a left bolt Target action?Other places sell them to but Jim at NSS REALLY know anything you need about savage rifles and he can make sure you get exactly what you want

Robinhood
12-08-2019, 07:47 PM
Other places sell them to but Jim at NSS REALLY know anything you need about savage rifles and he can make sure you get exactly what you want

My bad, I thought you stated left bolt handle, you linked to all right bolt actions. Am I missing something?

Ted_Feasel
12-08-2019, 07:55 PM
My bad, I thought you stated left bolt handle, you linked to all right bolt actions. Am I missing something?No, I believe if you read it tells you that you can have about any option to like. Let me look though maybe that wasnt the right place although I'm pretty sure it is.. call and ask for jim.. I can tell you what is in stock and what they can get

Ted_Feasel
12-08-2019, 07:57 PM
My bad, I thought you stated left bolt handle, you linked to all right bolt actions. Am I missing something?https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://northlandshooterssupply.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/SAV-TARGET-LP.jpg&imgrefurl=http://northlandshooterssupply.com/actions/savage/&h=810&w=1440&tbnid=ZsSa1NCNJrALLM:&q=savage+target+action+lefty&tbnh=90&tbnw=160&usg=AI4_-kQV9rFeWKhxwOc9knr44aJibTYdng&vet=1&docid=8p6Zzz-vRngThM&client=firefox-b-1-m&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjCiN2roKfmAhUKnKwKHWNaCVYQ9QEwA3oECAgQB A#spf=1575849406663

They have them there.

Ted_Feasel
12-08-2019, 08:04 PM
No, I believe if you read it tells you that you can have about any option to like. Let me look though maybe that wasnt the right place although I'm pretty sure it is.. call and ask for jim.. I can tell you what is in stock and what they can get

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalkhttp://northlandshooterssupply.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/SAV-TARGET-LP.jpg

Is.that what your looking for.. just look their number and ask for jim.. maybe I'm off but I'm pretty sure the have left bolt.. I know savage is making a complete left rifle now also

Ted_Feasel
12-08-2019, 08:08 PM
My bad, I thought you stated left bolt handle, you linked to all right bolt actions. Am I missing something?https://www.savagearms.com/content?p=firearms&a=product_summary&s=57247

Savage sells them and I bet they would sell you a action only

Robinhood
12-08-2019, 09:41 PM
None of those links direct you too a left handed target action. I was not aware they made one anymore. That is why I was so surprised.

Ted_Feasel
12-08-2019, 09:43 PM
None of those links direct you too a left handed target action. I was not aware they made one anymore. That is why I was so surprised.Serious call jim at NSS, he may still have some or be able to tell you where.. I could swear they have them in their target actions.. that has been couple years ago though

J.Baker
12-09-2019, 12:28 PM
Far as I know left-hand Target Actions have always been a special order item. Basically if you call James at NSS (Jim Briggs sold NSS to James several years ago) he will special order it from Savage for you and you'll probably be looking at a couple month wait to get it.

J.Baker
12-09-2019, 12:29 PM
Far as I know left-hand Target Actions have always been a special order item. Basically if you call James at NSS (Jim Briggs sold NSS to James several years ago) he will special order it from Savage for you and you'll probably be looking at a couple month wait to get it.

Also, since this is in the AXIS section I'm guessing the OP is leaning that way rather than the much more expensive Target Actions.

Ted_Feasel
12-09-2019, 12:44 PM
Far as I know left-hand Target Actions have always been a special order item. Basically if you call James at NSS (Jim Briggs sold NSS to James several years ago) he will special order it from Savage for you and you'll probably be looking at a couple month wait to get it.Damn, jim isnt there anymore.. that dude really helped me alot