PDA

View Full Version : 110 DBM Conversion question

DDinMN
12-01-2019, 11:31 PM
I have searched and am having no luck in finding an answer to the below thanks.

Hi there I have a new 110 Varmint in 223. It has the center feed DBM.
I would like to re-stock in a blind magazine configuration.
It seems that the center feed would be a bit of a pain as a blind mag.

So my question is what is necessary to change to a Blind mag stagger feed configuration.
I understand that we need
Spring
Follower
Mag box

Thank you !
DD

ninner
12-01-2019, 11:38 PM
The box on a stagger feed attaches to groves in the receiver. I milled mine out so I could feed 300 RUM. When I switched back to 3006 I had to switch to mag fed center feed since the groves were gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DDinMN
12-02-2019, 08:46 AM
So I am not able to convert to a blind magazine configuration Bummer.
I should have done better home work.
I know this was the site to ask the question lots of great knowledge here.
This was my first Savage Bolt gun.
Really wanted the blind magazine, and before I sink a bunch of $$$ in the rifle.
Trade time.

Thanks for the help !
D
D

olddav
12-02-2019, 09:16 AM
The center feed mag attaches to the stock (I think). I believe you will need to find a center feed blind mag with follower and a stock. Check the FAQ section as it should have pictures and more complete info on the subject.

olddav
12-02-2019, 09:19 AM
and I agree that loading a center feed blind mag would be a pain. Especially if you have a one piece rail on top.

olddav
12-02-2019, 09:22 AM
I have got to learn some reading comprehension!
Missed all the important part of the OP’s post.

DDinMN
12-02-2019, 10:17 AM
Thanks Oldday !!

I have gone over the information in the FAQ page and have looked over lots of threads here.
From what I can tell I should have researched more.
The blind mag and center feed seems to be a bad idea on my part, just playing around with the mag in the rifle, blind feeding rounds is a bit of a pain. OK a big pain.
I think if I can not convert to a stagger feed which it seems I will not.
I will look at changing to the Magpul AICS system or.
My new rifle will fast become someones new to them used rifle.
None of this would be an issue had I researched more and bought a short action 10 short action to begin with.
I have no doubt the rifle will shoot my neighbors will shoot under an inch with the cheapest surplus ammo you can find.
I just can not like the Accufit stock and assumed I could just change for what I wanted.

J.Baker
12-04-2019, 02:58 AM
The newer center feed mags really don't work well in a blind magazine setup because it makes them hard to load due to limited access with most all 1-piece bases. This is the main reason why Savage doesn't offer blind magazine rifles anymore.

That said, you can get a blind center feed stock from Boyds. You will just have to remove the bottom cap from your existing DBM and get the L-bracket from Savage.