PDA

View Full Version : Stock Fitment Question

justpassinthru
11-27-2019, 06:15 PM
Will this stock fit a new 110 Predator in 260 Remington? My gun is the small diameter action.
https://www.hsprecision.com/shop2/rifle-stocks/savage-arms/pro-series-varmint/savage-model-12-10fp-heavy-barrel-rifle-stock-psv118/

Bell and Carlson says their stock with fit both the small and larger diameter actions. Don't know if that's correct but if theirs will seems to me the HS Precision should too.
Thanks in advance, I'm trying to learn and don't want to get something that won't work.

justpassinthru
11-27-2019, 08:46 PM
Now I'm seeing that the actions are all the same diameter. I figured the two different size barrel nuts meant the actions were a different diameter too.

Guess I should have stayed with Remington because I had those figured out.

jpdown
11-27-2019, 09:51 PM
The stock will fit your SA 4.40” spaacimg action.

justpassinthru
11-27-2019, 10:27 PM
The stock will fit your SA 4.40” spaacimg action. One more question if I may, will my bottom metal, bottom bolt release action and 4 round magazine also work with this? Everything on my rifle is metal, not a bit of plastic on it anywhere.

Robinhood
11-27-2019, 10:30 PM
Guess I should have stayed with Remington because I had those figured out.

Especially if it was an RR serial number. And now with the Remage.... I wish someone would make a conversion Remington bolt to use Savage(or even better, Bighorn) bolt heads.

jpdown
11-27-2019, 11:17 PM
One more question if I may, will my bottom metal, bottom bolt release action and 4 round magazine also work with this? Everything on my rifle is metal, not a bit of plastic on it anywhere.

Yes, DBM bottom metal and trigger guard should be a drop in fit.

NicfromAlabama
11-28-2019, 02:57 AM
I think that stock is made for a top bolt release.

justpassinthru
11-28-2019, 05:12 AM
I think that stock is made for a top bolt release.
I think it is too but wouldn't that just mean an open space on the right where the bolt release would be if so equipped?

Bill2905
11-28-2019, 11:04 AM
One more question if I may, will my bottom metal, bottom bolt release action and 4 round magazine also work with this? Everything on my rifle is metal, not a bit of plastic on it anywhere.

I inquired with HS Precision about this a while back and their response was that their stock requires the small trigger guard and the corresponding DBM frame which are supplied with top bolt release receivers. HS Precision Savage stocks are inlet for top bolt release lever. I don't have direct experience with this, I just know what HS Precision told me.

Before you commit your money, contact HS Precision and ask about your model.

Bell and Carlson has multiple options that will fit your rifle.

justpassinthru
11-28-2019, 11:31 AM
I inquired with HS Precision about this a while back and their response was that their stock requires the small trigger guard and the corresponding DBM frame which are supplied with top bolt release receivers. HS Precision Savage stocks are inlet for top bolt release lever. I don't have direct experience with this, I just know what HS Precision told me.

Before you commit your money, contact HS Precision and ask about your model.

Bell and Carlson has multiple options that will fit your rifle. Talked with a guy there yesterday and he seemed to know less than I do, if that's possible.

jpdown
11-28-2019, 01:21 PM
I think it is too but wouldn't that just mean an open space on the right where the bolt release would be if so equipped?

A bottom bolt release Savage action, BBR metal trigger guard and BBR metal DBM frame assembly will fit into a top bolt release stock with the small space as mentioned. The BBR, DBM frame assembly has a thinner rear lip to accommodate the thicker front BBR trigger guard lip. The TBR, DBM frame assembly had thicker rear lip to accommodate the thinner lip older style TBR trigger guard. See article:

https://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?325-Choosing-the-Right-DBM-Stock-Bottom-Metal-Parts-Tutorial

Please note that since this article, Savage Arms introduced a new metal DBM frame assembly for ACIS magazines. This bottom metal will not fit the standard Savage DBM inlet.