PDA

View Full Version : Is the Rifle Basix Sav-1 my only option?

TheMachoMan
11-27-2019, 12:00 PM
Howdy y'all. New to the site and new to Savage... going today to pick up an Axis on a screaming deal. From reading I already believe I will replace the trigger and it seems more people prefer the Rifle Basix over my hometown made Timney. So, I'm perfectly clear is the SAV-1 my only option for an Axis? Thank you!

wbm
11-27-2019, 12:06 PM
Timney, Rifle Basix, and/or "tuning" the OEM trigger with kits etc. Those are the three most commonly used. I prefer the Rifle Basix SAV-I but since I have not used a Timney can't say whether it is better or not. FWIW I just traded for a new Axis and the trigger is much improved over the ones I got a couple of years ago. It is good enough for me not to invest in another trigger.

TheMachoMan
11-27-2019, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the reply! Just trying to make sure that other RB triggers won't work/aren't better than the SAV-1. I appreciate the feedback on the Axis' new trigger and will definitely shoot it prior to replacing it and may also try the approaching of snipping the spring/new spring and polish as well.

Jester560
11-27-2019, 12:56 PM
I have a Timney in mine and love it. Completely changed the rifle for the better.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TheMachoMan
11-27-2019, 05:25 PM
Thank you. Sure wish I could try both before buying... will still consider it prior to final purchase but my gut says that I’ve read more people liking Rifle Basix Vs Timney. Wonder if I can do a pole?