PDA

View Full Version : Accutrigger "trigger job"

Shooter0302
11-18-2019, 11:12 PM
Has anyone done this ?? and if so any problems and what pull wt. did you end up with ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba3sWKdl8lU

Jester560
11-18-2019, 11:19 PM
I have and got down to 1lb but wasn't safe. Didnt pass the bump test but the accu-trigger would not let it fire. Would have to re-work the bolt to fire.

I got the Apachee kit and have it set to a fully safe 10 ounces now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dave Hoback
11-19-2019, 08:32 AM
I do a complete trigger job on Accutriggers, as I do all triggers. The part in the video is only part of it. But I use specific “turned” screws and NEW, correctly sized springs with the correct spring rate.

But I also stone polish the trigger & sear mating surfaces & remove any play via brass shims. Prefer my modified Accutrigger to Rifle Basix, etc. as it’s the closest we can get to a really nice 2-stage.

I perform this trigger job for FREE!

I can tailor the weight based on the spring I choose. Mine is set just under 2lbs. But, I tell people all the time, there is more to a trigger than simply the weight. I would bet many would prefer my sub 2lb trigger over even some which are lighter, simply because of feel. A light trigger that is mushy or gritty, or has overtravel, will not be pleasant. Our finger is looking for SMOOTHNESS, a nice “SNAP”, as a piece of glass breaking(glass rod scenario), and a firm “STOP” of overtravel, as if running into a granite wall! These are the attributes found in a perfect trigger, regardless of trigger pull weight. These are the criteria which enthusiasts take fondness in without even knowing it.

Robinhood
11-19-2019, 09:37 PM
I have and got down to 1lb but wasn't safe. Didnt pass the bump test but the accu-trigger would not let it fire. Would have to re-work the bolt to fire.

I got the Apachee kit and have it set to a fully safe 10 ounces now.

Interesting.

Robinhood
11-19-2019, 09:38 PM
I think I shoot tighter groups with more over travel. I didn't always feel that way.

Willoughby
11-23-2019, 01:57 AM
do you have a link to apache kit?

DeltaPapa
11-23-2019, 09:33 AM
do you have a link to apache kit?
Apachee Triggers just has a Fakebook page. https://www.facebook.com/apacheetriggerkits/?ref=page_internal

Jester560
11-23-2019, 09:42 AM
You can also get them on Ebay. Search "Apachee Trigger Kit"

Robinhood
11-23-2019, 12:03 PM
I have never seen an Apache trigger kit for a 110 trigger. I tried googling with no luck. Do you have a kit number or link?

Shooter0302
11-23-2019, 09:44 PM
Jester560, said he used one for his Savage that shoots 22LR, , and as per NSS – the RB-2 *Will not accommodate rifles with the AccuStock or any rifle with bolt release near the trigger guard. Please see SAV-1
The A$$Ustock, it just keeps on giving :(

Robinhood
11-24-2019, 01:42 AM
Jester560, said he used one for his Savage that shoots 22LR, , and as per NSS – the RB-2 *Will not accommodate rifles with the AccuStock or any rifle with bolt release near the trigger guard. Please see SAV-1

I thought this was about your model 110 series Accutrigger?
What does a 22 lr trigger have to do with it?
Why are we looking into a SAVII?
Have you tried the shims and other methods of modifying the trigger?
What is it that you need out of your trigger?

olddav
11-24-2019, 09:27 AM

Didn’t see any reference to a 22lr, where did he say that? He had me chasing a rabbit for a bit.

PhilC
11-24-2019, 11:57 AM
I looked at Apache on eBay, only 22lr triggers listed there, and same thing on their Fakebook page.