PDA

View Full Version : 223 M10-FCP with Accustock, replace with Boyd's Pro Varmint

gulf60
11-15-2019, 06:25 PM
So my rifle has the correct stock screw spacing, 4.4, and is the newer 2 screw Accustock model. My only concern is that the bottom metal is a direct change out (with minor fitting ect). They say the stock is for the wood stocked models with 3 piece design. So the front part is one, the trigger guard w/bolt release is two, and the mag is 3 ??
Mine only has 2 parts if the mag doesn't count. This is a plastic stock with aluminum bedding.

Additionally, the current recoil lug is smaller in all dimensions from my other SA Savage rifles. I think I knew that. Suspect I would only change it out to a "normal" recoil lug to match their inletting. So does anybody have experience with this change out? I have a blind magazine model with this stock so I generally know what I would be getting.

gulf60
11-21-2019, 02:43 PM
I meant that I already have one of theses stocks, but it was for a blind mag. Has no one changed out an accustock??

Bill2905
11-21-2019, 06:17 PM
I moved a Model 10 223 barreled action (10T SR) from an Accustock to a chassis and also used it in a B&C Medalist. I changed the recoil lug to a standard one and it fits just fine. I'm assuming that the bottom metal on your 10-FCP Accustock is the same as what's on mine. I didn't have to re-use the bottom metal but from what I see, it should work in a Boyd's detachable magazine stock or any other brand with that inlet as long as I specify the correct style of bolt release.

gulf60
11-22-2019, 03:31 PM
Thanks. I'll have to assume their inletting just substitutes wood where the Accustock has aluminium in the action. I was pretty sure the recoil lug was smaller than normal.