PDA

View Full Version : MDT Chassie's

Shooter0302
11-15-2019, 12:56 PM
Which model of the MDT chassis works with the 110 Tactical ?? I've read that the Tactical with the Accustock has a shorter than normal recoil lug, so is/was this a problem with the MDT Chassis ??
Does the OME Savage Mag. work with it OR does it require new Mags ?

lonestardiver
11-15-2019, 03:07 PM
MDT has a long action chassis for savage long action rifles. They use AICS pattern magazines. You need to look at the different chassis to see which one you want. Some will even accommodate .338 LM.

Robinhood
11-15-2019, 05:32 PM
Which model of the MDT chassis works with the 110 Tactical ?? I've read that the Tactical with the Accustock has a shorter than normal recoil lug, so is/was this a problem with the MDT Chassis ??
Does the OME Savage Mag. work with it OR does it require new Mags ?

It seams to me that a smaller foot would easily fit in a bigger shoe.

lonestardiver
11-15-2019, 05:40 PM
It should not be a problem. Contact Modular Driven Technologies and they can advise you.

Dave Hoback
11-15-2019, 07:10 PM
Not a problem. Just as Robin’s post point out, LOL. MDT fit Savage long & short Actions very nicely.

I used a PTG recoil lug during my build’s re-barrel. And I actually had to machine approximately.050” off the bottom of the lug to fit my TAC21 Chassis from MDT.

Shooter0302
11-15-2019, 08:30 PM
It should not be a problem. Contact Modular Driven Technologies and they can advise you.
I did, and this is what I got from them. Kinda like buying a car, and then finding out that the steering wheel, brake pads, and head lights are "extra"

No problem, no, you will need to purchase a buttstock, grip, and magazine to complete the build.

Robinhood
11-15-2019, 11:27 PM
No problem, no, you will need to purchase a buttstock, grip, and magazine to complete the build.

This is not all that uncommon as it gives people options at different price points. Have you talked to other chassis manufacturers?

Shooter0302
11-16-2019, 12:14 AM
Not yet, but the last time I did any checking almost all were way north of 5 bills.
If the listed items are not included {and I can see how different shooters would want different Equip.} then they shouldn't show there different stocks fully equipped, plus I did not see any mention of items not included on their web site.
But, no sweat, there is a gun show next week.

6mmBR_Shooter
11-16-2019, 10:33 AM
Shooter, just sent you a PM

lonestardiver
11-16-2019, 10:53 AM
Not yet, but the last time I did any checking almost all were way north of 5 bills.
If the listed items are not included {and I can see how different shooters would want different Equip.} then they shouldn't show there different stocks fully equipped, plus I did not see any mention of items not included on their web site.
But, no sweat, there is a gun show next week.

Under each of the chassis is a section entitled “what you get, and what you need” which specifically tells you about what is included and what you need to complete it.

xmanjeff
11-24-2019, 12:01 PM
if your this far along , you may want to take advantage of mdt's black friday sale , really too good to pass up