PDA

View Full Version : 12fv bolt problem

Gman69
11-07-2019, 08:00 PM
I have a new Savage12fv in .308. The bolt was smooth as glass until I put a EGW 20 MOA base on it. Then the problem started. When pulling it back it acts like it is dragging and gets hard to pull about half way back. Ive checked the screws on the base and they aren’t sticking down. What can be causing the issue? Is the scope base binding the action by making it to stiff? Help!!!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bc160
11-07-2019, 08:11 PM
I would try and remove the base and then check. If it works fine I would put the base on 1 screw at a time until I found the one giving me the problem. Typically it's the base screws that cause that type of issue. It doesn't take much of the screw coming into the action to create that dragging issue. Good luck and keep us posted if you find the fix!

Gman69
11-07-2019, 08:24 PM
That was my thought. I’ll try that. I have already tried to loosen the bottom screws to check for binding. Even with the few problems I’ve had I’m impressed with the shooting of the so called cheap and crappy savages! FWIW I have a friend that shot the Axis I have and liked the trigger and group size better than his Tikka T3!!!

Robinhood
11-08-2019, 12:19 AM
I have a friend that shot the Axis I have and liked the trigger and group size better than his Tikka T3!!!

Very gracious and kind friend. Keep an eye on him.

Gman69
11-08-2019, 10:49 AM
Maybe we can convert him over and save him some money to buy more toys! Lol.