PDA

View Full Version : Just put together a .223 with target action and Shilen barrel

Pages : 1 [2]

Ted_Feasel
07-12-2020, 09:46 AM
I admit they are nice but I never checked any of them to see how true everything is. All of them are smooth operating. Most I have had the bolt raceway to body was a better fit than all the other Savages. I also have a Varmint action timed and trued. It is very nice.To be fair, ive only built using savage target actions so i can't compare how it feels to a big horn or a 700 trued. Ive thought about getting a big horn for a build but every time went with what I knew.. i reckon one of these days ill step outside into the unknown:)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Varoum
07-12-2020, 10:36 AM
For a custom build, how can one could compare the Savage Target action to the latest Savage 110 Elite Precision action? The finish the trigger ???

Ted_Feasel
07-12-2020, 10:47 AM
How can one could compare the Savage Target action to the latest Savage 110 Elite Precision action? The finish the trigger ???Idk, I have not tried the 110 elite.. i would be curious to feel how the compare..

charlie b
09-05-2020, 05:36 PM
Savage makes actions that are trued and blueprinted before assembly and then rechecked after assembly. I read a pretty detailed article with videos direct release from savage showing what they do and they contrast it to their run of the mill mass produced actions. They essentially take mass produced actions and set x number aside and true all the surfaces, make sure the threads are as true and concentric to the chamber and bolt, trigger jobs etc.. it didn't show all their secrets but enough to know they are a cut above the standard mass produced recievers. I own a couple and you can definitely feel the difference

So, which rifles get this special treatment? On the web site they only describe rifles like the stealth evolution and precision series with blueprinted actions.

Ted_Feasel
09-05-2020, 06:04 PM
So, which rifles get this special treatment? On the web site they only describe rifles like the stealth evolution and precision series with blueprinted actions.I'm not sure if they do it on any production rifles or not but I know they sell them at nss

mikeinco
09-18-2020, 11:55 PM
think the single shot f class and such.
anything shooting from a mag is a little less...IMHO

I'm not sure if they do it on any production rifles or not but I know they sell them at nss

Ted_Feasel
09-19-2020, 06:22 AM
think the single shot f class and such.
anything shooting from a mag is a little less...IMHOI have several AR rifles that would probably change your opinion:)

mikeinco
09-19-2020, 07:55 AM
did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed ?
the question was about savage bolt actions.
and no you will not.
i built competition ar's for close to 20 years before i retired.

I have several AR rifles that would probably change your opinion:)

Ted_Feasel
09-19-2020, 08:25 AM
did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed ?
the question was about savage bolt actions.
and no you will not.
i built competition ar's for close to 20 years before i retired.No i wasn't trying to start a fight or argument I was just thinking you meant something with a mag couldn't be as good as something without..my apologies if I misunderstood what you meant