PDA

View Full Version : 3D Printed Single Shot Adaptor

rdhoggattjr
11-05-2019, 08:18 PM
Would any be interested in a single shot adaptor that you can 3D print? It connects to the bottom mag base.

Balljoint
11-06-2019, 09:06 AM
Question, For which firearm Does this fit.

prdatr
11-06-2019, 12:12 PM
Question, For which firearm Does this fit.

An Axis?

rdhoggattjr
11-06-2019, 01:27 PM
Yes, the Savage Axis "short" action. I use it with my 6.5 creedmoor.

GaCop
11-08-2019, 09:43 AM
Yes interested in this.

rdhoggattjr
11-08-2019, 05:28 PM
Yes interested in this.

I was going to PM you but it looks like i need two more posts to do that.

Magilla26
11-09-2019, 02:39 PM
Sharp Shooter Supply makes a single shot loading ramp for the Axis. I have one on my .223 Axis and it works great. Rifle has to be disassembled to install but very easy to do.
I shoot hundreds of rounds at ground squirrels from the bench and the loading ramp is a big help in not having to load the magazine every time.

J.Baker
11-11-2019, 06:41 AM
Sharp Shooter Supply makes a single shot loading ramp for the Axis. I have one on my .223 Axis and it works great. Rifle has to be disassembled to install but very easy to do.
I shoot hundreds of rounds at ground squirrels from the bench and the loading ramp is a big help in not having to load the magazine every time.

You're thinking of the one for the 110-series. The one they make for the Axis (PolySled) snaps in just like a DBM on the Axis. It's molded from high density poly and uses a factory magazine bottom cap (included). Here's a pic, though they should be shipping with the new-style bottom cap with the updated magazine release setup now as I know that's what Savage sent them last time they put an order in for them.

rdhoggattjr
11-13-2019, 02:53 PM
You're thinking of the one for the 110-series. The one they make for the Axis (PolySled) snaps in just like a DBM on the Axis. It's molded from high density poly and uses a factory magazine bottom cap (included). Here's a pic, though they should be shipping with the new-style bottom cap with the updated magazine release setup now as I know that's what Savage sent them last time they put an order in for them.

I tried emailing them awhile back, got no response. Between that and most of the posts I've read about there lack of delivery I decided not to take that avenue. So I took some measurements of my gun and 3D printed something that works.

Magilla26
11-13-2019, 07:35 PM
My loading ramp is made of machined aluminum alloy. Not Poly. It fits in my Axis .223 and my rifle had to be disassembled to install it. It works great. The factory magazine is not used. I am not able to post a photo but it was made by SSS. Too bad you are getting no response.

GaCop
11-14-2019, 07:32 AM
I was going to PM you but it looks like i need two more posts to do that.

Sent you a PM.