PDA

View Full Version : Where to find 110 left hand bolt assembly????

COhunter
10-31-2019, 09:00 AM
A co-worker was given a LH model 110 chambered in 25-06 that is in very good condition except for the fact that the previous owner some how misplaced the bolt assembly. So i am now in search of a replacement bolt assembly for her, but i have searched the internet to no avail. So if anyone has a source, or an extra assembly just laying around, i would greatly appreciate the info. Thanks in advance

J.Baker
10-31-2019, 09:21 AM
That's a tall order right there. Savage has gotten a bit stingy with making parts available, and some parts are "gunsmith only" making them even harder to get. Those companies that do carry Savage parts often don't carry left-hand parts simply because they are low demand and slow movers. In any case, you will need a gunsmith anyway as the barrel will need to be headspaced to the new bolt assembly, and if the barrel has iron sights the odds of them being orientated correctly after the headspace is set to the new bolt is very slim.

Check Numrich's if you haven't already. Sharp Shooter Supply is another option, though I doubt Fred would have all the parts in-stock.

The only other option may be sending the rifle back to Savage - assuming it's new enough that they'll still work on it.

JeepsAndGuns
10-31-2019, 12:48 PM
Every now and then you might get lucky here:
https://everygunpart.com/long-guns-kits/rifles/bolt-action.html?manufacturer=1099
However you will have the buy the whole "kit" and you might end up with extra parts you do not need.

Robotaz
10-31-2019, 01:24 PM
I’d have her call Savage. Can’t hurt. I’d bend the rules for a lady who got a free gun that I made.

COhunter
11-01-2019, 08:37 AM
Thanks guys, i knew that i could get good info from here. No iron sights, at some point in time it had a new barrel installed from CBI. So with the right tools, it should be fairly easy to headspace a new bolt. But i do believe that a call to savage is in her future.