PDA

View Full Version : Barrel swap 110fcp 338 lapua to 300 wsm

Pages : 1 [2]

Dave Hoback
07-05-2021, 04:45 PM
No, I get ya on that. Always a compromise. I run 260Rem and love my Magpul 10rd AICS mags. However, longest OAL I can squeeze in them is 2.880”...barely. I’m getting ready to throat my barrel in fact. I’ve run them short to now, and pretty took off the last 2 years. So now I’m debating what OAL I want to throat to. Decisions, decisions..:confusion:

Robinhood
07-08-2021, 02:36 AM
So the ptg bolt head length is 1/2”? Im concerned about not using standard 9/16” length for savage wsm.

Will be switching back and forth on 300 wsm barrel, not 338 lapua. Other option would be build a long action off of tikka, they have custom magazines that hold shoulder back, preventing bullet tip getting bounced from recoil. Open to other actions. It is a challenge to find magazines/action long enough to keep heavy lead free bullets out of the neck/shoulder junction.

The custom for 94.50 can be built any length you want. You looked at the first option on the page for 64.50. Scroll down and look at the options on the custom Bolt Head.

The options are, .442", .500", .550" and finally Custom Lug Length-Enter Value Below.

Make a list of everything you need to make your plan happen. Look up prices and don't forget shipping cost(that can really fool you on what that adds to a build price). Compare that to what you can get a factory rifle in the cartridge you want for. Even add in that custom barrel if you need to. Then consider that if you don't care for one of them what are your options. You may have a limited market for some of those items.

You want to do things that most people don't do so you fall into the "Custom" catagory. Go custom or buy a 300win/7rem mag long action and use that. Or buy a magnum short action. There is really not a boat load of options out there. The final option is to rethink your plan and do something easier and or cheaper.