PDA

View Full Version : 303 Savage loads for 190 gr bullets?

Daltond
10-27-2019, 07:28 PM
I am curious to see if anyone here has any recommendations as to loads for my takedown 1899A short rifle.
I plan to use the Barnes Original 190 gr bullets and Winchester brass and Winchester large rifle primers, as I have always felt the original 190 gr loads were the best for this rifle, and I find that lighter bullets dont seem to be as accurate in my rifle as the 190 Silvertips, of which I have about a dozen boxes. Plus, the 150gr Hornady loads I purchased from Grafs shoot high, even with the sights set on their lowest notch.
I have a wide variety of powders, and I can always acquire more if someone has any superior loads they know of.
I also believe that Norma is offering 303 brass now.
Anyone used any? Yea or Nay opinions?

Ted_Feasel
10-27-2019, 07:39 PM
I am curious to see if anyone here has any recommendations as to loads for my takedown 1899A short rifle.
I plan to use the Barnes Original 190 gr bullets and Winchester brass and Winchester large rifle primers, as I have always felt the original 190 gr loads were the best for this rifle, and I find that lighter bullets dont seem to be as accurate in my rifle as the 190 Silvertips, of which I have about a dozen boxes. Plus, the 150gr Hornady loads I purchased from Grafs shoot high, even with the sights set on their lowest notch.
I have a wide variety of powders, and I can always acquire more if someone has any superior loads they know of.
I also believe that Norma is offering 303 brass now.
Anyone used any? Yea or Nay opinions?Have you ever tried starline brass?? Darn good stuff, especially for the price. It's my staple.. I always messing with other brass just to have backups but for the money it gets my hard earned dollars.. alpha is excellent if you dont mind paying for it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Daltond
10-27-2019, 07:43 PM
Have you ever tried starline brass?? Darn good stuff, especially for the price. It's my staple.. I always messing with other brass just to have backups but for the money it gets my hard earned dollars.. alpha is excellent if you dont mind paying for it.

I have used Starline brass in 45-70, and I actually have a large supply of Winchester 303 brass, but I have had good results with Norma brass in the past, so I thought I would acquire some.
And you are correct about the price. Rather expensive compared to Starline, but it's only money right. LOL

Ted_Feasel
10-27-2019, 08:21 PM
I have used Starline brass in 45-70, and I actually have a large supply of Winchester 303 brass, but I have had good results with Norma brass in the past, so I thought I would acquire some.
And you are correct about the price. Rather expensive compared to Starline, but it's only money right. LOLYep:) heck, any of it is good if you sort it and do good prep.