PDA

View Full Version : Sad day for Pac-Nor barrels

LoneWolf
10-24-2019, 06:15 AM
https://www.currypilot.com/news_paid/photos-structure-fire-flames-destroy-local-rifle-barrel-plant/article_8ebf3036-f5e7-11e9-bcf4-db31cb53aede.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

JW
10-24-2019, 06:36 AM
Wow! Glad everyone was safe.
Thanks for posting
Jack

Robinhood
10-24-2019, 12:44 PM
Truly a sad day for one of the finest barrel makers there is. What a tragedy for all the employees as well.

JASmith
10-24-2019, 03:51 PM
For everyone’s sake, let’s hope they find a path to rebuild and get going again.

J.Baker
10-24-2019, 04:00 PM
Rebuilding the building is the easy part, it's finding replacement machinery and tooling that's the costly and difficult part. At 66 years old and eligible to retire and draw SS, I have a feeling Chis will likely take the insurance money and retire. I don't know many people who at that age would want to try to build or rebuild from scratch like they're going to have to. Sucks for the employees, but I'm sure Chris would do them right with a generous severance package out of the insurance payout.

yobuck
10-25-2019, 08:37 AM
Same thing happened when Rutland Plywood makers of those beautifull multi colored laminated stocks burned a few years back.
The owner didn’t hesitate in announcing he wouldn’t be rebuilding.

Robinhood
10-25-2019, 06:46 PM
Rebuilding the building is the easy part, it's finding replacement machinery and tooling that's the costly and difficult part. At 66 years old and eligible to retire and draw SS, I have a feeling Chis will likely take the insurance money and retire. I don't know many people who at that age would want to try to build or rebuild from scratch like they're going to have to. Sucks for the employees, but I'm sure Chris would do them right with a generous severance package out of the insurance payout.

Just a thought as I have not been through this one but in our region shops get flooded. They seem to come back online fairly quick. So how much damage was done to the machines from water or heat(how much fuel)? How hard would it be to rebuild the facility and get things going again...for Chris or someone else. I just hope everyone comes out a winner here.

JASmith
10-25-2019, 08:30 PM
Absent health challenges, 66 is still fairly young in today's world, especially with the experience from many years in the business.

My hope is that once recovered from the immediate shock, that he and the crew can band together and get started again, albeit with an initially less robust lineup of machines.

sharpshooter
10-26-2019, 12:20 AM
Even if he does decide to get back in business, after a quick evaluation he'll probably find out that he was under insured.

yobuck
10-26-2019, 09:04 AM
Absent health challenges, 66 is still fairly young in today's world, especially with the experience from many years in the business.

My hope is that once recovered from the immediate shock, that he and the crew can band together and get started again, albeit with an initially less robust lineup of machines.
The (crew) are already in the process of looking out for number one as they should be.
He needs to do likewise, and no doubt once the smoke clears out he will.
His accounts are already looking out for number one also, and chances are some wont be coming back.
The building cost would be the cheapest part, and he knows full well the cost of the machinery replacement.
At age 66 there will never be a better time to think very hard about the rest of his own life.

gbflyer
10-26-2019, 12:28 PM
Tough deal in a tougher business. Whatever ends up happening, hope the owner finds peace in the decision. I also really like those guys, I’ll echo the great service and fine product sentiment. And also agree with Sharpshooter...there isn’t ever enough insurance when this happens and unfortunately the underwriter will most likely fight tooth and nail.

Ronv69
12-07-2019, 12:27 PM
Further down the article it states that he has enough insurance and his son wants to rebuild, so they are going to reopen as soon as possible.

gbflyer
12-07-2019, 09:25 PM
Website says they are in the process of rebuilding. Good for them!

Texas10
12-11-2019, 09:37 AM
And hopefully new build codes will not be too much of a PITA! After all, they were able to rebuild Steve Austin.....this should be a piece of cake! :cool: