PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Mark II TR

jkv45
10-22-2019, 01:35 PM
Anyone running a Mark II TR? Doesn't seem to be much chat here about them.

What do you think of it? Is it worth the premium over the standard-stock models?

What kind of groups are you getting? Are they ammo-sensitive?

I already have a Mark II bull-barrel, but it looks like a Boyds Pro Varmint stock (is that what's on the TR?) is about $200, so it almost seems better to just buy the TR unless Savage sells the TR stock separately for less.

Thanks!

J.Baker
10-22-2019, 06:59 PM
Yes, the stock on the TR's is just a Boyds Pro Varmint stock made from either birch or maple and sprayed with black textured paint.

jkv45
10-24-2019, 01:21 PM
Well...I decided to keep the Mark II Bull Barrel I have and put it in a better stock.

I ordered a Pro Varmint with adj cheek piece from DIP Products. I already have their heavy duty bottom metal and aluminum trigger guard, so they are deducting that from the stock cost (it normally comes with both).

My Mark II shoots well, and it's more cost-effective for me to just buy the stock for $200-ish with the adjustable cheek piece than a new rifle and additional parts.

Probably going to swap out the scope I have on it for another SWFA MIL scope like I have on my 10 FCP HS Precision. Probably the 10x for the rimfire instead of the 12x. If I can be patient they usually have Black Friday sales on the scopes that drop the price to $250 from the reg $300.