PDA

View Full Version : Savage 12 FV Stock

gredden
10-19-2019, 01:37 PM
I replaced my Savage FV stock. Is there a market for stocks? If so, how much?

6mmBR_Shooter
10-19-2019, 03:55 PM
If/when they sell on eBay, its usually for about $15. For a while they were so common they were hardly worth the cost of shipping.

Texas10
10-19-2019, 11:32 PM
I've got enough to build a small bonfire, although one has the old Indian Head Logo. Might keep that one.

Miocene
10-22-2019, 09:01 PM
So much for off-setting the cost for another Boyd's. Jeez. If they were a little more ridged I would use them for fence posts.

gredden
10-23-2019, 07:35 AM
Selling it on ebay for that price isn't even worth the trouble. I'll keep it and let the kids play with it.

Benmuncie
10-23-2019, 08:41 AM
A small metal rod and epoxy makes a big difference on the factory stocks. I have reinforced a couple stocks and kept them around in the event I want to take a rifle to the woods. Keeping the old stock might also help in the event you ever decide to sell the rifle - you can put the barreled action back in the old stock and keep your aftermarket stock to have a head start on the next build. The factory recoil pads are pretty good to have around, and you have two sling studs that may come in handy. This is coming from a guy (me) that has sold many things and then realized I could have saved some money if I kept this or that. :-)

Texas10
10-23-2019, 09:33 AM
I've got one of my old original stocks set up with an action but no barrel, and scope mounts to use as a tool for measuring scope turret accuracy and total travel. Comes in handy if you're trying out a new scope and want to run it in a bit before burning ammo, or doing a tall target test.

Soon I'll be making a dummy action out of PVC pipe to fit the stock so I can put that extra action into service.