PDA

View Full Version : Article: Savage Model 110 History: 1990-1999

J.Baker
10-10-2019, 10:25 AM
You can view the page at http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?524-Savage-Model-110-History-1990-1999

big honkin jeep
10-11-2019, 07:18 PM
Easily my favorite era for Savage. The rifles I have from that era are really great quality and fantastic shooters. The 116FLCSAK I ordered new from a local dealer is still my favorite hunting rig. Too bad they discontinued it as well as the practice of producing a left handed rifle of virtually every model cataloged at the time.

J.Baker
10-12-2019, 07:40 AM
I dunno about that. I don't miss the old flat-backs that could vary in height and/or be ground at an angle, or the lousy triggers. I do think the barrels were of better quality back then as we didn't use to see the horrible chatter marks down the length like we see in today's barrels. Most of them still shoot good, but by God are they ugly to look at and they foul up like the Devil until you get a few hundred rounds through them.

I still think Savage's marketing dept. needs to adopt the slogan "Our bores are ribbed for your bullets pleasure" if they're going to keep making such rough barrels.