PDA

View Full Version : Questions about selling used rifle components online

Bill2905
10-03-2019, 08:16 PM
I like to try different stocks and accessories and always figured I would unload the items I don't like or no longer need on eBay or other online forums. I have sold a number of motorcycle parts and household items on eBay over the years and enjoy doing it. However, I just recently read the PayPal policy on selling firearms and related accessories. It sounds restrictive but it is somewhat vague at the same time.

A few questions;

1. Do any of you sell gun stocks, magazines, barrels, etc. on eBay using PayPal?
2. Do any of you use PayPal when selling on this forum?
3. What is the preferred method of making or collecting payment when you buy and/or sell on this forum?

Thanks

celltech
10-03-2019, 08:22 PM
So my answers are yes, yes, and Paypal F&F.

Robinhood
10-04-2019, 06:19 AM
I see a boatload of Savage stuff on other forums. The caveat is without history most are skeptical unless your buying. Buying history will earn trust. Some forums may require a certain number of contributions/post to be allowed yo sell.

PhilC
10-05-2019, 10:37 AM
Only down side to F&F is no purchase protection. As a buyer, if I'm at all concerned about that, I process as a purchase and pay the fee. If seller has a problem with that we work out an alternative (MO, personal check, etc.) or I pass.