PDA

View Full Version : savage red target trigger and savage model 12 varmint trigger

Pages : 1 [2]

J.Baker
10-06-2019, 05:42 AM
Yeah, Tapatalk is kind of a nice app, but, it has a few bugs in it that are irritating. This was a new one for me.

I flipping HATE TapaTalk, and only run it here because it's a little (and only a little) better for mobile users than using a browser (Safari or the like) and the Mobile style for the site. What I hate most about it is that it doesn't support half the site (the articles), it only sees and supports the forum so those who find their way here with it are missing a ton of info and don't even know it.

charlie b
10-06-2019, 01:01 PM
I agree. I even uninstalled it from my tablet for a while, but, the browser for tablets is kinda hokey as well so I put it back on. Just glad I don't use the tablet much.

Texas10
10-07-2019, 01:34 PM
I've been retro-fitting all my model 12FV's with Target Accutriggers. The sear is unique to the target trigger, and is identified by a dimple on the side of the release lever, so changing a spring will not make a varmint trigger into a target trigger. I'll do some experimenting to see if changing the sear will be enough to convert it, but it's so easy to simply buy a used target trigger off this and other sites, why bother. Besides, the red blade is kinda cool.

As far as buying a sear, Savage will sell to a Licensed gunsmith, so you can always have one purchased for you. But you'll need a serial number from a target rifle to do so. Just got one several months ago by doing this. Wanted two, but they only sold one.

Changing out triggers is about a 5 minute operation. Very simple and, in my mind, highly recommended if you're only shooting paper. I would not recommend it for hunting purposes.

There are shim kits available (triggershims.com) to shim the side play out of your trigger if you're experiencing trigger lock up. Some careful work during installation will yield a very light trigger pull, 6 oz or slightly less in my case.

nksmfamjp
11-08-2019, 09:34 PM
Is there one for sale that you know of?

i can tell you Savage is no help...