PDA

View Full Version : Axis 300Blk

James John
09-22-2019, 07:45 AM
Anyone have one of these yet? Cheaper then the Ruger for a throw around gun.

wildcatgoal
01-14-2020, 08:56 PM
I just want a barrel from one. Threaded, please.

Camar068
02-04-2020, 09:28 PM
for ~$330 you can build an AR. Upper bear creek, lower anderson, parts kit for lower = ~$70. Fork out the money for a suppressor and you'll be in heaven.

wildcatgoal
02-05-2020, 01:11 PM
I've come to think that 300 AAC Blackout on a bolt action makes little sense. The characteristics of this round lend it to semi-automatic (AR) use cases like suppressed home defense (shorter barrel is possible for hallways, etc.) and drive hunting boar (i.e., maximizing number of kills for ethical extermination). I suppose it's also nice to carry around a backpack-able firearm for deer hunting, too... but... really?

So to me,the only reason to get 300 BLK is if you want to use subsonic rounds. But I had to ask myself... why would I need that? Only real reason I could come up with that isn't "because it's cool" is home defense (with the thought that a suppressed subsonic round won't deafen my/loved ones and won't lodge bullets in my neighbor's walls). But I can do that just as effectively, and probably more reliably, with 9mm carbine because I'd have a far wider, more consistent, and cheaper selection of home defense ammunition.

If you want a suppressed 30-caliber rifle, get a short barreled .308. The kick isn't that bad...