PDA

View Full Version : "firdt unread "button/feature not working also

mikeinco
09-19-2019, 02:33 PM
just to keep track of stuff to do

J.Baker
09-19-2019, 04:54 PM
Ok, you lost me on this one. Where are you finding anything that reads "Show First Unread"? Closest thing I can find to something even remotely similar is "New Posts" in the sub-menu just under the home button which is working fine.

The "What's New" button on the menu bar is working.
The "Today's Posts" in the sub-menu under Quick Links is working.

Only thing else I see that isn't working is the "Hottests Threads/Posts" under Quick Links and that's because it's tied in with the Likes/Thanks mod.

Nor Cal Mikie
09-19-2019, 05:38 PM
"New Posts" has ALWAYS worked as expected.:cool: At least for the last 10 years or so.;)

J.Baker
09-19-2019, 05:50 PM
"New Posts" has ALWAYS worked as expected.:cool: At least for the last 10 years or so.;)

Give me time, I'm sure I'll figure out how to break it eventually Mike. haha

Nor Cal Mikie
09-20-2019, 09:10 AM
Don't want one and don't need one but my guess is some of the problems may have something to do with Cell/Smart phones not working like a computer does?

JeepsAndGuns
09-20-2019, 12:14 PM
Ok, you lost me on this one. Where are you finding anything that reads "Show First Unread"?

When you come to the site, and go to a section to view posts, the ones that are new or have new posts since you were last on the site are in bold. To the left of the thread title is a little blue button. Hover your mouse over that button and it will say "go to first new post". When you click it, it will take you to the first new post in the thread since you last visited.
This is one of the best features of any forum, as you do not have to scroll through the post trying to remember what you have and have not read, it takes you right to the first new one.

BTW, it is working for me.

wbm
09-20-2019, 01:36 PM
BTW, it is working for me.

Me 2.

mikeinco
09-20-2019, 09:17 PM
when you go to a thread, to the right of center, above the texts of the thread is a bar,
to the right od center on the bar is "

View First Unread (http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?65107-quot-firdt-unread-quot-button-feature-not-working-also#post460838)when i posted the original thread this was NOT available on any thread i went to, i had to scroll
to the end of the thread.
it is working now, so a non-issue

J.Baker
09-23-2019, 10:41 PM
Ok, so that makes it cookie based as that's what stores what threads/posts you have and haven't read. Older posts from before the move were likely trying to use a cookie from the old server, hence why it was failing on the new server (my best guess at an explaination).