PDA

View Full Version : savage tigershark stock modify it or replace?

lal357
10-03-2009, 08:58 PM
i have a savage tigershark witht he thumbhole stock and the trigger guard it made from the same stock(one piece) problem is cheek weld is alittle to high and the part of the stock up front has this cut away at the very front that is a pain to shoot off of sand bags (i bench rest this gun ) becuase it gets hung on it alot .
option 1 is to take a sander to it taper the front and take down the cheek weld
option 2 is to put this stock up and get an aftermarket stock i was looking at a choate ultimate sniper stock or another thumbhole stock

HRstretch
10-03-2009, 09:27 PM
I would sell it if you don't want to modify it. See that helps a lot, doesn't it.

lal357
10-03-2009, 09:40 PM
the thing about this stock is how many stocks do you see that is one piece trigger guard included i have 3 savages friend has 2 and this is the first one i've seen with the trigger guard a part of the stock not a metal add on plus the cuts across the forearm that look like shark teeth .its unique to me

louthedog
10-03-2009, 09:58 PM
If you like the stock except for the cheekweld then I'd grab the belt sander and have at it. Make it fit you and have something to be proud of.

lal357
10-04-2009, 08:53 PM
picking up a savage tactical for now until i can remove enough to suite me then swap tactical to the 243 (needs a new one )