PDA

View Full Version : Centerfeed L-bracket

clerkofkirk
08-29-2019, 05:20 PM
Just got a Bell and Carlson Medalist stock for my 12FV. It has a full aluminum bedding block. Does the centerfeed L-bracket affect the bedding by sitting between the action and the stock? If so can it be eliminated and the blind magazine be attached some other way?

celltech
08-29-2019, 06:56 PM
If I remember correctly there is a slot/groove in my B&C for the tab to sit in? I surely don't recall it getting in the way. But if you want you can secure the magazine with small dabs of epoxy putty in the corners...just kinda a pain to get it all lined up perfectly while the spring keeps trying to push it out.

clerkofkirk
08-29-2019, 09:48 PM
No slot or groove in the bedding block. My inclination is to take the l-bracket out of the equation and epoxy the magazine into the stock. But if there is no effect on accuracy having the l-bracket between the action and the stock I'd just keep it as is.

clerkofkirk
08-29-2019, 11:41 PM
Ok, my bad. I just pulled the action from the stock and there is indeed a cutout for the L-bracket to sit in. If it is removed the bottom of the action only contacts the bedding block on both sides of the cutout. Without the L-bracket the pillar is too short to reach the action.

GrenGuy
09-02-2019, 05:57 AM
Looking at My Medalist, I believe the L bracket causes the rear of the action to sit slightly above the rear bedding block cradle? I shoot mine single shot, so I don’t use the magazine, or the clip. I bedded my action in with J B Weld.