PDA

View Full Version : Hogue Vs Accufit

mcgradypilot
08-28-2019, 03:33 PM
I have a Trophy Hunter XP in 270 with a wood stock. I like a synthetic stock better for hunting because I feel it holds up better in the elements/getting pulled into a climbing stand or lowered out of. I'm trying to decide which is a better route. The end goal is the "ultimate north american hunting rifle". This rifle would be chambered in 30-06 or 280 ai and have a threaded barrel. I like the idea of hunting with a suppressor. Easier on the ears and I don't have to try to shove earplugs in right before I shoot.

1. Put on a hogue stock and eventually replace the barrel with an x-caliber custom. (Most likely in 280 ai with a threaded muzzle and fluted for weight savings) This allows me to hunt for the time being and customize as needed.

2. Save my pennies and trade it on a 110 high country. I handled one the other day and its a super nice rifle.

I have two other rifles with accufits. A varmint and tactical and love both of them. Option 1 is like the custom build version of option 3. Hence why it comes down to whether the Hogue or the Accufit are better. If I go hogue it will be a full aluminum bedding block model. Thoughts?

toddlouis27
10-02-2019, 02:41 PM
I personally love the hogue stocks over the accustocks. I've handled both and the hogue, for me, is much improved. If you can, howa's come in hogue stocks you could check them out at the store and then go look at at accustock. lol.