PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10 BA stealth magazine jams

elcid79
08-27-2019, 07:56 PM
Last month I fired my 10 ba stealth for the first time. It worked very well. However I left my magazine at home and was manually loading each round. Today I went back to the range with my magazine and it jammed constantly and never worked right. It felt like the bolt was impacting the magazine. Any known fixes?

Thanks.

Bill2905
08-27-2019, 09:23 PM
Mine has some vertical play in the magazine when it's inserted. In my case, it sometimes sits too low where the bolt rides over the top and won't strip a round. I then have to push it further upward to seat it. I'm wondering, does yours have any play in the downward position? Can you see the bolt contacting the magazine?

Buji88
08-29-2019, 01:29 PM
What magazine are you using? When you say the bolt was impacting the magazine what do you mean?

elcid79
08-29-2019, 09:51 PM
Greetings, it happened with the OEM magazine. When you seat the magazine it slides too far up into the receiver. The bolt will impact the top curved lips that hold the cartridge in the magazine. If I pull down on the magazine after inserting it will back off enough to allow the bolt to travel freely. However it is rather irritating, to insert then tug it back. I called savage and they sent me a replacement magazine to see if it resolves the issue. If not, any other ideas?

Buji88
08-30-2019, 11:33 AM
Greetings, it happened with the OEM magazine. When you seat the magazine it slides too far up into the receiver. The bolt will impact the top curved lips that hold the cartridge in the magazine. If I pull down on the magazine after inserting it will back off enough to allow the bolt to travel freely. However it is rather irritating, to insert then tug it back. I called savage and they sent me a replacement magazine to see if it resolves the issue. If not, any other ideas?

The magazine may be out of spec, however, more than likely the latch is slightly long. Send us an e-mail through our support portal, and we can send you some slightly shorter magazine latches which should fix your issue.

https://support.mdttac.com/hc/en-us