PDA

View Full Version : Old Style Cocking Piece Sleeve

iowan_savage
08-19-2019, 05:41 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to convert my axis style firing pin to the adjustable older style. I can find the BAS and firing pin assembly but no Cocking Piece Sleeve. Does anybody have a lead on where to find them?

Thanks,

varget204
08-20-2019, 12:55 AM
Check Numrich Gun Parts

GaCop
08-20-2019, 06:07 AM
Check Numrich Gun Parts +1, you could give Savage customer service a call too to see if they will sell you one.

andref
08-20-2019, 06:55 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to convert my axis style firing pin to the adjustable older style. I can find the BAS and firing pin assembly but no Cocking Piece Sleeve. Does anybody have a lead on where to find them?

Thanks,

Let us know how it turns out. Wanting to ditch the 3 piece firing pin on my axis, but I havent been able to find out what parts to get..

short round
08-21-2019, 01:28 AM
Not sure that Axis can be changed to old style firing pin. the bolt length is shorter than long action & longer than short action.

Robinhood
08-21-2019, 12:17 PM
I am guessing that you are trying to change bolt heads and you can't get the firing pin protrusion?

What we have previously seen is that the limiting factor with attempting to increase the pin protrusion would be the cocking piece pin hits the bottom of cocking ramp window. Am I close?

iowan_savage
08-22-2019, 05:52 PM
I am guessing that you are trying to change bolt heads and you can't get the firing pin protrusion?

What we have previously seen is that the limiting factor with attempting to increase the pin protrusion would be the cocking piece pin hits the bottom of cocking ramp window. Am I close?
You're correct I want to be able to change bolt heads. I would also like to do the old ball bearing / .38 spl trick and be able to adjust the bolt so it isn't overcocked.
Numrich does not have the part I need.

iowan_savage
08-23-2019, 12:09 PM
So I called savage and hey wanted the serial number for the parts I need. However, I need a different serial number for the parts I want. How do I go about getting these parts? This is for a short action.

Thanks!

Robinhood
08-23-2019, 02:24 PM
K752434
Product #: 1348930F ?
Short and long action sleeves are interchangeable.
Don't think the savage is over cocked, over sprung maybe.

iowan_savage
08-23-2019, 04:40 PM
Thanks! FYI when I called again they said any bolt parts (except BAS) had to be shipped to an FFL.

Robinhood
08-23-2019, 10:35 PM
Ask your FFL how much he will charge to receive your package. They are not restricted items that I know of. Only the receiver is serialized/traceable.