mikeinco
08-28-2019, 09:48 PM
actually i have wins to backup my "legend"
national trophies.
its just beyond your mind is all.

You sir are truly a legend in your own mind.:bored:

Robinhood
08-28-2019, 10:15 PM
Well thanks for your honesty Yorkey. At the distances you like to shoot, (lobbing) shots would be the proper term.
Results will be what the conditions permit. About 2 weeks ago the 2019 world open shoot was held at Williamsport.
The results are posted on the website. It’s interesting comparing the results with prior years results. It’s also interesting to look at the equipment used and compare with prior years. Note that there are almost no factory actions being used today. The vast majority are also using custom made bullets. All in all there are no doubt more shooters shooting better than years back. That no doubt due to better equipment being used by more people. But are the better shooters from years back shooting better today? As for consistency probably yes, but as for their best group size? About 30 years ago Frank Weber set a new 10 shot record of 3 something inches using a 308 Baer on a L61 Sako action. At 83 he did well again this year. He never owned a chronograph and I doubt very much he has one now.
All those dashers built by Mark King pretty much all use the same load, and I’d say much of the ammo originates in his shop.

This is a great example of this exception.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaDWio6Y3Xs

yobuck
08-29-2019, 08:50 AM
This is a great example of this exception.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaDWio6Y3Xs

Yes i am aware of this, it goes without saying it is quite an accomplishment.
If i were there i of coarse would have shook his hand and offered my congratulations.
But savor that moment Randy, because doing that involved much more than being a good shooter with a good rifle, and he knows it.
Anyone not knowing it has done little to no extreme distance shooting.
But then Randy did have some additional help in that he is a lefty. Lol

Robinhood
08-29-2019, 10:49 PM
And he did it on a Duplin Bipod.

yobuck
08-30-2019, 07:32 AM
And he did it on a Duplin Bipod.

Well there you go, that no doubt was what made the difference.
Do they make that model with optional wind flags? Lol