PDA

View Full Version : SSS Brux Barrels

cladd
10-23-2010, 09:20 AM
I'm thinking of changing out my Douglas 6BR barrel to a Brux 6BR barrel and was wondering if anyone has switched from Douglas to Brux and what their experience has been? I had a Savage BVSS in 243 that I sent to SSS a couple of years ago (very pleased with them) - Fred installed a Douglas varmint contour Douglas barrel in 6BR and added one of their recoil lugs. Over time I added one of their long range benchrest stocks, competition trigger and a muzzle brake. The rifle has really shot well and was great to gain experience on in shooting long range such as 600 yard matches. The barrel now has over 2000 rounds and still shoots well however after attending the 600 yard nationals in St Louis yesterday I'm looking for more accuracy. I am not at the point where I want to go custom action etc - I like my rifle and how it handles so a new barrel seems to be the way to go.

Thoughts about Brux barrels are appreciated (I did perform a search on Brux barrels and obtained some good thoughts).

Thanks

82boy
10-24-2010, 10:19 PM
I would say Brux is every bit as good as any other top notch barrel makers. I have a Brux on my Bat. Let me say this, I have shot several Benchrest club matches, and every time I have shot this gun I have either placed, (Top 3) or won the match. The barrel has shot many small (.1 measured) 5 shoot 100 yard groups. The Brux barrel I have is a pure hummer! When this barrel is done, it will be replaced with another.

bobcat30
10-26-2010, 01:18 PM
I have a 243ai brux 8twist that i couldnt be more happy with shoots .2 .3 consistant with about every weight bullet i put thru it. Id say go for it!

clem81
11-27-2010, 12:01 AM
what twist rate for the 243ai what speeds do u get for a 70-80 gr bullet

bobcat30
11-27-2010, 01:11 AM
Im using a 8twist bought from another member on here glad i did shoots 70gr blitzkings tad under 3600. And im not pushin max but plenty accurate for me accuracy kills speed doesnt. Critters dont care if its 3500 or 4000 fps put it in the boiler room and its over!

McKinneyMike
11-27-2010, 10:06 AM
I would buy a Brux blank in a heart beat. Great barrels and equal to any others IMO overall. The smith that chambers, threads and crowns the barrel is what will make the difference IMO.

nrar15
11-27-2010, 09:39 PM
I've got a 30" Brux on my 6.5x55 and have just 20 rounds through it and I'm very impressed with it.

ChipEckardt
11-27-2010, 11:40 PM
I recently got a 30" Brux for my Savage F-12. Really like it.

Chip

cladd
11-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the thoughts and opinions.

suberjc
02-28-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm thinking of changing out my Douglas 6BR barrel to a Brux 6BR barrel and was wondering if anyone has switched from Douglas to Brux and what their experience has been? I had a Savage BVSS in 243 that I sent to SSS a couple of years ago (very pleased with them) - Fred installed a Douglas varmint contour Douglas barrel in 6BR and added one of their recoil lugs. Over time I added one of their long range benchrest stocks, competition trigger and a muzzle brake. The rifle has really shot well and was great to gain experience on in shooting long range such as 600 yard matches. The barrel now has over 2000 rounds and still shoots well however after attending the 600 yard nationals in St Louis yesterday I'm looking for more accuracy. I am not at the point where I want to go custom action etc - I like my rifle and how it handles so a new barrel seems to be the way to go.

Thoughts about Brux barrels are appreciated (I did perform a search on Brux barrels and obtained some good thoughts).

Thanks

I just ordered my third 6br from Brux. Won't shoot anything else. The only thing I can say that is the least bit negative is that brother, when they go - they really go. The same barrel that shot into an inch and a half at 600, started shooting an exciting 3.5 inch at 300 three weeks later. But man, in 6br Norma, you cannot go wrong with Brux. My friend David Decareaux is still wating on his 600 yard National Record to be posted on the NRA site. 150 14x. You guessed it.
Brux. Course I taught him everything he knows. You can check it out at 1000yardhunter.com. Oh yeah BTW the action IS a Savage target

Texasshooter36
04-12-2012, 09:39 PM
I've got a 30" Brux on my 6.5x55 and have just 20 rounds through it and I'm very impressed with it.

I'm building a tac rifle in 6.5x55GWI and also using a brux barrel.