PDA

View Full Version : Savage 11 Stock Replacement for Kids

tb80
07-22-2019, 12:51 PM
I have a savage 11 doa in a 7mm08. I am wanting a youth sized model that my kids can shoot. Would it be better to buy a youth sized rifle or find a replacement stock in a youth sized for my current gun. If I get a youth sized stock, where should I look?

Jester560
07-23-2019, 10:11 AM
Buy a pull off full size stock and have it cut to fit the child. When that gets short you can add a slip on recoil pad to get another year out of it. After that, put the original stock back on it.

Another option, buy a chassis that has enough adjustment to fit the child or buy one that takes AR furniture. Get a carbine stock for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Texas10
07-23-2019, 09:45 PM
I'm thinking that if you put a light weight stock on a 7-08 it's going to be very challenging for a youth to shoot. Recoil alone may be enough to dislocate young tendons and joints. Perhaps a 223 in light weight stock would be a better introduction to the sport. Only one of three of my kids took a liking to the sport. Wish I could shoot as well as he does :o

tb80
07-25-2019, 07:23 AM
Thanks for input. I already have a 223. I will look for a fun ol size stock replacement.

ShubhamGautam
04-20-2023, 03:20 PM
It's great that you're looking to make your Savage 11 more kid-friendly. I think buying a youth rifle or finding a replacement stock could work. It all depends on your budget and how much you want to invest. As for finding a rifle-sized stock, you can look it up on online forums or at gun stores in your area.