PDA

View Full Version : Front Picatiiny rail mount for a 110 Tactical

Albertaktm
07-19-2019, 01:37 PM
I bought an Atlas bipod BT10 V8 and I'm looking for which front picatinny adapter to get. The rifle 57007 should be here soon and I want to have all my accessories ready. I want to ditch the front swivels as I'll never use a strap and mount the rail right to the stock. Atlas has tons of adapters but not sure what to get as I don't have the rifle in my hands yet. I have seen YouTube videos on the rifle with Bipods mounted but they don't explain the connection type they used.

Thanks

Back2Wyo
07-19-2019, 09:45 PM
There are picatinny adapters that use the sling swivel. I have one that used a ping through the sling swivel into a plate. That plate is then pulled by 2 screws in the rail segment to pull the plate up and the rail section down to the stock. Once in place it doesn't move.

Albertaktm
07-20-2019, 12:05 PM
After looking a little more, I see a few companies make them. Once I have the rifle, I'll see if I can unscrew the swivels and mount a rail with the existing studs. If not, I'll just have to get a rail that gets pinned to the swivel

Chris3.Drums
07-22-2019, 08:06 AM
Hi, Congrats on the new boom-stick! I got a 10T-SR two months ago and know exactly where you're coming from. I am using a Harris clone that connects to the sling swivel stud. I also have a picatinny adapter that connects to the sling swivel stud and tried both ways (my AR has a QD bipod). It's really your preference, but if you're not comfortable modifying the standard stock (lots of the forum members call them "tupperware"), consider using the stud and an adapter or a Harris/Caldwell/clone. Sorry, I don't have pics right now. I bought mine from a clearance grab table at a rifle range near Cambridge, MD, otherwise I'd be more helpful about the rail adapter piece (name, where to buy, etc).

kabong57
07-28-2019, 09:51 PM
I purchased Atlas BT-15 & BT-17 rails long enough reach both swivel holes.

Kkern
08-01-2019, 10:05 AM
This one works for me...

https://www.area419.com/product/imroved-bipod-rail-ibr-straight/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LarryG123KL
08-28-2019, 04:05 PM
I used one made by Caldwell which mounted to my front swivel post. My bipod is very solid and have yet to have to tighten anything since. FWIW.