PDA

View Full Version : Shaw Mark X action

JasonCO
07-16-2019, 05:57 PM
Anyone have on of these rifles built by Shaw Custom Rifles? I most interested in the Mark X action itself, as it is, their proprietary action with a licensed Savage Accu-Trigger. It looks to be a refined CNC Savage action and at a cost of $815-$870, it should be!

Robinhood
07-16-2019, 09:10 PM
Savage needs that in the target repeater.

sharpshooter
07-17-2019, 12:28 AM
From the looks of the pic, and what little I've garnered from their website, it would appear that it does not have a floating bolt head.The website said it has a controlled round feed and a "fixed ejector". It would be interesting to see more pics of the individual components. From what I can see in the pic, the flat sides on the receiver would put the diameter larger, meaning it would not be a drop in for a Savage stock.

J.Baker
07-17-2019, 11:15 AM
For the same money you can get into an aftermarket action with a R.E.M. 700 footprint which greatly opens up your trigger and stock options.

JeepsAndGuns
07-17-2019, 12:27 PM
Looks interesting. I too would like to see more detailed pictures of the bolt and bolt head.
It would be nice if it could use savage stocks.

JasonCO
07-17-2019, 03:01 PM
For the same money you can get into an aftermarket action with a R.E.M. 700 footprint which greatly opens up your trigger and stock options. You can get an excellent Savage trigger and stock. I have 1 Remington, because it's the 700 LR Stainless 300 RUM.
Rifle Basix, Timney and the most bestest the Sharp Shooter Supply Competition trigger which you can't get anymore and I'l never part with, I even have SSS kevlar stocks from the early 2000's.