PDA

View Full Version : Question about new Accustock guns

guhunter
10-22-2010, 01:26 PM
When Savage went to producing the Accustock, was anything related to the action changed? The reason I asked is that I've read talk about there not being many accustock replacements, so I assume something in the action must be different.

thirty06
10-22-2010, 04:32 PM
If I understand right, they moved the bolt release to the front of the trigger guard.
Then there's the screw for the accu-wedge. So different inletting.
I don,t own one but I,m sure someone that does will chime in with more details.

bodywerks
10-23-2010, 12:29 AM
The action screw spacing and the location of the recoil lug has not changed, so essentially, any stock designed for your action will fit. And not all accustocks have the bottom bolt release and not all rifles with the bottom bolt release are accustock guns. My 110ba is an accustock and has the traditional bolt release and my fcp-xp has the bottom bolt release but is not an accustock.
If your gun happens to be some sort of model 10 variant(fcp, fcp-k, PC) and has the 4.41(ish)" action screw spacing then I can tell you that any stock designed for the savagw short action with the 4.410" screw spacing is GTG. The bottom bolt release should be a non-issue, as the dimensions of the bottom metal did not change from the bottom metal it replaced. If there is anything that needs to be done its nothing that a dremel can't fix.
of course, you will not be able to use the accuwedge without some modification, but it's really not worth using anyway.

longpoker
10-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Go to the thread Savage 6.5mmx284 Norma LRH for more info.