PDA

View Full Version : Bedding question

bushwack
10-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Has anybody done a writeup or have pictures of how the rear pillar area is bedded on a VLP centerfeed blind magazine stock? There's not a lot of area back there that can be bedded. Or so it seems to me.

surfclod
10-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Here is how mine ended up.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w84/surfclod/Stock/P1013313.jpg

I removed the trigger assembly and filled the area I did not want to get bedding material in with Play-Do. Modeling clay would be better, (being a bit firmer), as some of the bedding materiel displaced the Play-Do but was easily removed with a dremmel.

Here is a pic of the Play-Do in the rear pillar and trigger area
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w84/surfclod/Stock/P1013301.jpg

bushwack
10-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Thanks Surf that looks good except for one thing. What did you do about the little silver clip that retains the magazine? Is that clip not needed? You see, that was the thing that was messing me up.

pdog06
10-03-2009, 12:02 AM
The clip is need to hold the magbox in. Surfs stock looks like it is for a staggerfeed action. What I did with mine was bedded it without the clip in there, then just re-cut the notch that the clip sits in(quick work with a dremel and a flat file).

bushwack
10-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks PDog, that's what I needed to hear. I didn't know if you needed to glue in the mag or what.

louthedog
10-03-2009, 01:13 AM
There is something about that clip that bothers me. Though I've never bedded any of my centerfeed's yet, and if I were to do so, I'd be inclined to try to eliminate that clip and secure the mag by other means. I've heard of some who have hot glued the mag in. Just me maybe.

bushwack
10-03-2009, 02:18 AM
That's the same feeling I had when I first seen it. It just doesn't look as though it was well thought out. I may have to drink on this a little bit.

pdog06
10-03-2009, 07:56 AM
I've read where someone on here did eliminate the clip and velcro'd in the magbox, that way it is still easily removeable. I thought Of trying it just to see how it works, but it sounds like a good idea.

bushwack
10-03-2009, 11:46 AM
I've read where someone on here did eliminate the clip and velcro'd in the magbox, that way it is still easily removeable. I thought Of trying it just to see how it works, but it sounds like a good idea.

Now if that's not kitchen table gunsmithing, I don't know what is. Ingenuity at it's finest. I was thinking of maybe a couple of spots of RTV. That stuff is tenacious.