PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Opinion on a 93 17HMR XP

LeadHead72
06-25-2019, 02:01 AM
So I was in the local gun shop today and noticed that they had a used 93R17 in full-camo dress (Mossy Oak Brush) including the factory Bushnell scope and AccuTrigger. It's in practically new condition cosmetically and includes 4 5-round magazines. The trigger seems a bit heavy with some creep, so I'm guessing someone has it dialed up for safety purposes, perhaps. Their price is $200.
I've "sort of" wanted a 17HMR for long time although it's not been a very high priority, but this seems like a pretty good deal, all things considered. I know the camo pattern makes it difficult to find a good quality matching scope, but this will mainly be for casual target/plinking and maybe some squirrel hunting. What do you guys think?

Handi204
06-25-2019, 09:40 PM
I say go for it.

LeadHead72
06-25-2019, 10:45 PM
I went back in today and found out it's being sold on consignment. I told them to give the seller an offer of $175 so we'll see what happens. Also, I was wrong on the magazines. There is one 5-round and the other three are 10-rounds.

jpx2rk
06-27-2019, 06:57 PM
Sounds like a good deal, you can put some "good" glass on it if desired/needed for you needs, just use some camo tape to complete the look. Make sure the 10 rd mags work well with the gun.