PDA

View Full Version : Red target accutrigger retro in 12 bvss varmint trigger assb

silverbull12
06-07-2019, 09:26 PM
Hi. I have been unable to find any threads that address the question directly if you can order the parts for the red target accutrigger from savage and install them in a silver varmint trigger group. I have a model 12 bvss 223 cal rifle that has the silver accutrigger assb. The parts list that I viewed here seems to point to that with the proper parts #s from savage you can retro these to my silver trigger group. Most of the part #s from my varmint trigger assb are the same and only the trigger/sear/springs/ are different ? can someone clairify this for me. :confused:

Robinhood
06-08-2019, 03:09 AM
Hotolds442 did everyone a big favor providing this article. You can compare your parts list to the one you want and then purchase all of what you need.

http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?274-Factory-AccuTrigger-Part-Numbers

Texas10
06-08-2019, 10:24 PM
I made this same conversion on my model 12BVSS in 223 that now also sports a Criterion barrel. Post a want to buy ad in the classifieds here for a Target Accutrigger. Be sure it includes the sear. Many remove theirs to upgrade to a aftermarket trigger and will part with them. It's a simple swap.

I've also upgraded my other Savage model 12 small shank rifles. Makes a big difference once you're trying to shoot under a third of an inch groups.

To answer your question, NO, Savage will only sell trigger parts to gunsmiths. And to get new Target Accutriggers or parts you'll need to supply a correct serial number of the rifle that originally came with the target trigger. Not a big deal, just more hassle.

I recently was given two Target Accutriggers without sears by a generous fellow shooter. I was able to get one sear from Savage, but they balked at two, and this was having a gunsmith order them.

Quicker to buy one here.

silverbull12
06-09-2019, 02:59 PM
Thanks guys. I have a line on a new complete trigger/sear/springs taken off a brand new gun. a fellow match shooter at my local range has three rifles that he switched over to jewel triggers. i think he does not like the stock one he has fat fingers and has a problem with them side loading and setting off the accutrigger i will find out if he wants to sell the others and let the forum know. Thanks. Dave.

Texas10
06-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Here is a guy selling shim kits for Target triggers that will remove the side play often attributed to the dreaded trigger lock.
https://www.triggershims.com/trigger_shims.html

I think I'll buy several kits and see how they work.