PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

LoveandmissmyPops
05-14-2019, 03:02 PM
Hi All...I joined up because I figured this would be the place to go... I have one of my Pops old Savage .22 long rifle serial number C276895... I'm just trying to hunt down information on this gun... I know it is probably 30+ years old and Dad gave it to me as my first gun... It got dropped when I was young and cracked the stock... I'm a wood worker and luthier (build guitars) so I was going to use this as practice for building custom gun stocks... I unfortunately lost Pops 8 years ago this October, I won't go into full details but lets just say I will never own a Remington 870 because of what he did... Anyway any kind of info that can help me date this gun would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much to any help and I will keep you all posted on the outcome of my attempts at making custom stocks.. Thanks for any info -Shane

drybean
05-14-2019, 09:41 PM
Welcome aboard

ttexastom
05-15-2019, 07:35 AM
Welcome to the savage family

yobuck
05-15-2019, 09:16 AM
Hi All...I joined up because I figured this would be the place to go... I have one of my Pops old Savage .22 long rifle serial number C276895... I'm just trying to hunt down information on this gun... I know it is probably 30+ years old and Dad gave it to me as my first gun... It got dropped when I was young and cracked the stock... I'm a wood worker and luthier (build guitars) so I was going to use this as practice for building custom gun stocks... I unfortunately lost Pops 8 years ago this October, I won't go into full details but lets just say I will never own a Remington 870 because of what he did... Anyway any kind of info that can help me date this gun would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much to any help and I will keep you all posted on the outcome of my attempts at making custom stocks.. Thanks for any info -Shane
Since you have the original to use as a pattern, I would search for someone who has a duplicating machine. Some stock builders have their own, but some don't, choosing to outsource that part of the process. A google search might find one in your area.
Bruce Baer a PA gunsmith, has a separate stock shop with a duplicator. The stock end of the business is run by his wife Gerry who does the duplicating also. Bruce does the final inletting on a milling machine, but otherwise she does it all. I wouldn't hesitate calling there and talking with her about your project. Untill a couple of years back when a bridge fire took place, all of Joel Russo's stocks originated in that shop.

ragsflh
05-15-2019, 09:52 AM
howdy

LoveandmissmyPops
05-16-2019, 09:18 AM
Thank you YoBuck for the information...And thank you all for the hellos

GaCop
05-21-2019, 12:54 PM
Welcome, glad to have ya.

ifithitu
05-25-2019, 11:05 PM
Hello from KY.