PDA

View Full Version : Looking for accuracy advice

Pages : 1 [2]

Herby
06-10-2019, 06:37 PM
Actually, I hesitate to admit but several times deer hunting I have had to take more than one shot.... nerves, excitement, surprise or fatigue - I have missed the first shot. Clean missed. The thing about mule deer seems to be they will run off a little, then stop and look back. This has happened twice. So, knowing how things go for me - my practice includes slow and deliberate shooting, as well as quick and more instinctive shooting of multiple spaced targets. (Bowling pins) The 7mm - 08 is great. Should have switched from the 30-06 long ago.

By no means am I hitting clay pigeons at 100 yards more often than not from a standing position. Sitting position yes. Bowling pins - quiet a bit bigger yes.

119 days till deer season!

GaCop
08-13-2019, 07:06 AM
Actually, I hesitate to admit but several times deer hunting I have had to take more than one shot.... nerves, excitement, surprise or fatigue - I have missed the first shot. Clean missed. The thing about mule deer seems to be they will run off a little, then stop and look back. This has happened twice. So, knowing how things go for me - my practice includes slow and deliberate shooting, as well as quick and more instinctive shooting of multiple spaced targets. (Bowling pins) The 7mm - 08 is great. Should have switched from the 30-06 long ago.

By no means am I hitting clay pigeons at 100 yards more often than not from a standing position. Sitting position yes. Bowling pins - quiet a bit bigger yes.

119 days till deer season!

You brought up a good point about mulies. When I lived in New Mexico you could stop a mulie from running/bounding with a loud whistle giving you time to get a shot.