PDA

View Full Version : Current best sources for bolt heads?

Pages : 1 [2]

Dave Hoback
06-01-2019, 08:24 AM
LOL..no worries my friend! I’ve said it a few times...not difficult to sometimes “hear an echo” in a thread. LOL! As Robin has said, “great minds think alike”.

Robinhood
06-01-2019, 06:54 PM
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1349440E

Robinhood
06-01-2019, 07:06 PM
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/search#query=Savage%20223%20bolt%20head

Dave Hoback
06-01-2019, 09:24 PM
The first one you showed was a RH Rob. There are many bolts listed on those pages, but if you look, it’s the same 4 or 5 Part Numbers listed over & over again! The correct bolt is Part #1401030A, and it’s Out of Stock. But this one is also a LH. https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1354530
And it’s showing in stock jeepsandguns. Grab one before they’re gone!

Dave Hoback
06-01-2019, 09:43 PM
Duh

Robinhood
06-02-2019, 11:53 AM
That is the first one(LH) I found. I went back and looked to make sure it was left hand and I missed were he said LH. Don't know how, anyway, I changed to the right hand. It is all how you query. I made an effort. The next post I linked to all of them in case I missed it.

I love having someone on the forum that will catch everyone's mistakes and rub their nose in it rather than just bring it to attention. You know throw gas on it and a bunch of shredded paper and wood to make the burn more intense. Everybody loves that. Well, almost everyone. Every once in a while is fun......

Dave Hoback
06-02-2019, 05:44 PM
That is the first one(LH) I found. I went back and looked to make sure it was left hand and I missed were he said LH. Don't know how, anyway, I changed to the right hand. It is all how you query. I made an effort. The next post I linked to all of them in case I missed it.

I love having someone on the forum that will catch everyone's mistakes and rub their nose in it rather than just bring it to attention. You know throw gas on it and a bunch of shredded paper and wood to make the burn more intense. Everybody loves that. Well, almost everyone. Every once in a while is fun......

Robin, I sincerely didn’t mean anything towards you. I knew it was simple a overlook, and was simply citing the correct one for the OP, as he asked for links. I’m actually surprised by your response. I’m truly sorry you misunderstood my intention. I thought it was clear to you how high a regard I think of your opinion. Sincerely, what you took from that was not in any way how I meant. Again I’m very sorry, but this is odd.

Robinhood
06-02-2019, 06:39 PM
Gotcha. Don't be a butt head.:p:peep:

GaCop
06-03-2019, 07:10 AM
Your going to have to post a link. I still do not see them. I even searched "savage bolt head 223 LH" to bring up every listing and the one I linked above is the only one. Product #: 1401030A
I don't know what's going on with their web site but now there's nothing......

JeepsAndGuns
06-03-2019, 12:52 PM
I sent a email to Lisa at sharp shooters supply. They said they have the left hand 223 bolt heads in stock.
I believe I am going to go ahead and send the action to them for a T&T and have them install/true the new 223 bolt head when they do it.
I was not originally not going to do it, but I love how smooth my other two actions are compared to this one and I just can not help myself. I talked myself into it.
Plans and budgets just never go as planned!

Thanks for all the help guys!