PDA

View Full Version : savage stealth evo 6mm

CORVETTE Z06
04-27-2019, 07:45 PM
hi to all i have to put this out there this is my second replacement gun from savage arms they could not fix the issues of not feeding and not firing when you pulled the trigger, it clicked and no primer hit, then if you took 1 shell fed it in and pulled the trigger it would fire sometimes long story short can i return the gun to either savage or Cabela's where i bought it for a full return it is 5 months old total between both guns and they where at savage for 2 and a half months of that 5 i was out a weapon. what do y'all think about this ? Thanks

VS762
04-27-2019, 10:29 PM
Seen that happen on one of two 6mm Evos I have worked on. For the trigger lock up, try upping the trigger weight. From factory I have had a couple rifles come with sub 9oz trigger weights. Ie, if you looked at them wrong they locked up. Green lock-tite helps here as that goofy screw tends to back out. As for the FTL, slow cycle by hand with a dummy round. My guess is the feed ramp is too steep at the top and needs polished out. Running bolt fast will usually get you in battery but better solution is really adjusting the ramp. All that said, if you have any doubts or are not happy, I would return it. Nothing worse that tool you don’t trust.

charlie b
04-27-2019, 10:59 PM
If they are offering I'd take the refund and buy something else. A new rifle should work without any work except a good cleaning.