PDA

View Full Version : Online reloading manuals...just posting FYI if anyone is looking.

UrbanRedneck
04-24-2019, 01:17 PM
Just FYI if anyone is looking.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Online-reloading-manuals-just-posting-FYI-if-anyone-is-looking-/42-499051/

Philf
04-24-2019, 03:12 PM
What I don’t care for is their barrel twist on these .
I don’t have a barrel in 1:12 twist in the 308, why don’t they have one on 1:10 also, yes, you are to compensate for it just like in the different lengths of barrels. With all the computer fancy things we have there should be a program for that to work with.

Let her rip guys for some fun on this.

darkker
04-24-2019, 09:26 PM
I don’t have a barrel in 1:12 twist in the 308, why don’t they have one on 1:10 also, yes, you are to compensate for it just like in the different lengths of barrels. With all the computer fancy things we have there should be a program for that to work with.

What are you trying to compensate for in the twist difference?

Philf
04-25-2019, 12:14 AM
Curious if the twist spin will change any thing, other than
the weight of the bullet that is best for it.

JASmith
04-25-2019, 09:27 AM
Curious if the twist spin will change any thing, other than
the weight of the bullet that is best for it.

Close to the mark — muzzle velocity changes due to twist differences are largely within the barrel-to-barrel noise on velocities.

Regarding a computer program addressing how velocity changes with barrel length, I know there is at least one: http://shootersnotes.com/calculator/velocity-estimator/

...and there is no subscription required,!

For those of us who subscribe or are thinking about it, Ammoguide.com links it to all of their 30,000+ loads distributed across 1,000+ cartridges where barrel length was included. The cartridge, base charge weight. and base bullet weight fields are pre-filled, so all that is needed is for one to inout their unique info.

UrbanRedneck
04-25-2019, 03:21 PM

There are several sources in there. They didn't all use the same test rifles. But there are also ballistic apps too.

Robojaz
05-01-2019, 05:09 AM
Close to the mark — muzzle velocity changes due to twist differences are largely within the barrel-to-barrel noise on velocities.

Regarding a computer program addressing how velocity changes with barrel length, I know there is at least one: http://shootersnotes.com/calculator/velocity-estimator/

...and there is no subscription required,!

For those of us who subscribe or are thinking about it, Ammoguide.com links it to all of their 30,000+ loads distributed across 1,000+ cartridges where barrel length was included. The cartridge, base charge weight. and base bullet weight fields are pre-filled, so all that is needed is for one to inout their unique info.

Thanks, I have been looking for something like this.