PDA

View Full Version : Athlon ares btr scope caps?

DesertDug
04-18-2019, 08:21 AM
What scope caps you all running on your area btr 4.5x27. With sun shade if that matters. Just got mine in the mail last night and was surprised it did not even have a bikini type covers.

DesertDug
04-19-2019, 12:23 PM
nobody with this scoop wants to share what they are using? To the top...

SageRat Shooter
04-19-2019, 03:16 PM
Desert Dug,

In regards to your Ares BTR. Can you tell me which version of the BTR you got? (Do the turrets have the single screwdriver slot on top or do the have the allen wrench setup)? Are the turret clicks audible and crisp, and tracking well?

I'm just about to order one, but if you can give me any kind of info I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

DesertDug
04-20-2019, 08:18 AM
Sagerat shooter. It is the slotted cap, which I believe to be the newer version. Clicks are not mushy but not very audible. There is a rubber washer that can be removed per the instructions which changes there feel.
Ordered from camerland, which seems to have the best price on these.
I have found butler caps for the scope but two different places have two different size numbers, thus my op question and to see if any thing else I should be looking at.

SageRat Shooter
04-20-2019, 01:03 PM
Have you looked at the Vortex Defender caps yet? They appear to be a whole lot better than Butler Creek... I have heard good things about them, but haven't used any yet. I'm more of the Scope coat guy...

DeltaNu1142
04-21-2019, 01:46 AM
I use the Defenders and find them to be snug with a positive snap when opening and closing. I like them a lot. There are more expensive caps and there are much worse caps out there. Defenders strike an excellent quality vs price balance.

I have them on a Vortex Viper with a sun shield.