PDA

View Full Version : Witt machine

CBIshooter
04-18-2019, 01:54 AM
Bought two clamp-on Witt machine muzzle brakes very impressed extremely tight fitting. Definitely reduces recoil. And I would say improve accuracy. I got them for $68 a piece. Last Christmas he had a sale so I said why not. Put them on Criterion bull barrel and shilen select match bull barrel. Both 6.5 Creedmoor

CBIshooter
04-18-2019, 12:22 PM
On the Criterion remage build it only changed point of aim at 100 yards 1 inch low. On the Savage shilen select match did not change point of aim at all.

CBIshooter
04-18-2019, 12:34 PM
Never really cared for muzzle brakes for many many years. Because you have to clean out the carbon on the crown. And clean the muzzle brakes which is no big deal just another maintenance job. I might get the muzzle rise Eliminator off of Witt machine next and put on my compass Lake engineering AR. Not that it rises any but they make it 4 a reason so it must work. He guarantees his work if It don't work send it back, he will make it work. He said he looks at it under a microscope to see if the gases are coming out of the break correctly and aligned correctly with the boar.

snowgetter1
05-05-2019, 05:48 AM
I put one on my TC Venture 300 Win. Mag. Unbelievable how much recoil it ate up. I would now rate the recoil equivalent to a shooting a light weight 243. Accuracy is superb.