PDA

View Full Version : Factory 22-250 ammo???

goosedowner
04-09-2019, 06:25 PM
I bought a predator hunter in 22-250 the first or second year they came out and I never shot.it much. My oldest grandson is old enough to hunt woodchucks now so it's time to dust off the predator hunter again and get him out hunting this summer.

I don't hand load for rifles so I'm looking for comments on what Factory ammo shoots best in your savage rifle.

Ted_Feasel
04-09-2019, 06:29 PM
I bought a predator hunter in 22-250 the first or second year they came out and I never shot.it much. My oldest grandson is old enough to hunt woodchucks now so it's time to dust off the predator hunter again and get him out hunting this summer.

I don't hand load for rifles so I'm looking for comments on what Factory ammo shoots best in your savage rifle.Remington 55gr sp worked well for factory ammo. I load my own buy that's what I have a few boxes of lying around and it's been pretty accurate

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

celltech
04-09-2019, 06:40 PM
Hornady 55 Vmax works well in my 12FV...

mudpig
04-10-2019, 09:34 AM
My 12FVSS really loves the Winchester white box 45gr HP ammo. Shoots them less than 1/2 MOA and it's pretty inexpensive ammo.

Ryfulman
04-10-2019, 10:45 PM
What a great rifle. I hope the boy appreciates what you’re giving him. It’s a fantastic shooter. Anyway in mine when it was still equipped with the 12 twist factory barrel it really wasn’t picky. I did do a lot of testing with different brand rifles and ammo as well.
I found that the heavier barrelled rifles shot the 55 grain superformance ammo MOA or better however the skinny sporter profile barrels weren’t as consistent though.
So if it’s a heavy barrelled variation I suggest the 55 grain superformance. Velocity up at 4000ft/s. Standard 55 grain loading are usually around 3600ft/s like the Winchester varmint x line up.
I think if it’s a heavy barrel it’s not going to be picky and will shoot everything well.