PDA

View Full Version : Identification Help Please

hnts4fun
03-31-2019, 06:14 PM
My Savage experience is limited to older 110’s and 10’s. I could use some help identifying this rifle. The Savage stuff is stamped on the barrel in the usual place along with Model 110. This stock is shaped differently than anything I’ve seen but it doesn’t look like the new Accufit stock. Thanks in advance for your collective help.

CFJunkie
03-31-2019, 07:27 PM
It is tough to tell from the pictures but it looks like it is an Accu-stock that comes on the Apex Hunter. because it looks like it has the bolt release in front of the trigger guard.
I think it is termed a "sporter" stock.
I believe it might have spacers that allow adjustment of pull length, but I don't think it has the adjustable cheek arrangement that would qualify if for all the Accu-fit features.

hnts4fun
03-31-2019, 09:13 PM
Thank You! I checked into the Savage site, after you pointed me in the right direction, and it is indeed a Savage Apex Hunter XP. I didn't know what it was but the stock and the trigger guard sure didn't look like anything I was familiar with. I appreciate your reply!

Texas10
04-02-2019, 01:19 PM
In the future you can simply call Savage Customer Service with the serial number and they will tell you what it was when it left the factory. This is especially useful if you buy a bare action in the for sale section on this site and want to know what model it was originally.

hnts4fun
04-02-2019, 01:26 PM
Thank you