PDA

View Full Version : New stock for old 110 magazine issue

Palerider
03-29-2019, 03:46 AM
Hello,

for many years I take a Savage 110E in .270 for hunting roe deer and hogs here in Europe. Its my `bread and butter ´ everyday rifle and it works just fine and is very accurate.
Although I got used to it I never like the top loading blind magazine - and here I come to my self made problem.
I bought a new accustock with a detachable magazine and thought its all plug and play. Well its not. Although the system fit well into the stock I noticed that the housing of the fixed, blind magazine is not attached to the stock but fixed to the system.

Did anybody here switch to accustock and detachable magazin before ? Will the new magazine feed or will it be too short ?

Magazine is originally for .300 Win Mag or .338 => but after I bent the metal tongues a little bit the .270 WIN rounds fit.

Thanks a lot for some final ideas and tips to complete this stock change.

Cheers

Alex

RustyShackle
03-29-2019, 12:00 PM
I’m pretty sure that the recoil lug on your rifle is going to need trimming to fit an accustock. You have a stagger feed blind mag, and the most recent incarnation is the center feed. The stagger feed attaches to the receiver while the centerfeed does not. You should be able to
convert from stagger to centerfeed, but there will be no going back. You have to (dremel?) or otherwise mill out the bottom of the receiver just a little for the centerfeed mags.

scootergisme
03-29-2019, 12:26 PM
Since you are mostly happy with your .270, I would leave it alone and buy a different action that would "plug and play" with the Accustock and DBM. Pick out a barrel of your liking, same or different cartridge, and have two rifles. Who has ever had too many rifles?

Palerider
03-29-2019, 06:09 PM
Thanks for your expertise. Then I leave the rifle as it is and the new stock becomes an addition to my “ bad buys " collection.
Buying a receiver and a barrel on its own is not so easy in Germany....

But with one thing I agree – there are never enough rifles !
Right now its a buyers market for second hand guns and only a few weeks ago I picked up a nice Steyr Mannlicher L with a variable Kahles steel scope for small money !

Did you ever hear about 5,6 x 57 ? Its as fast as a .22- 250 R

Thanks again

Alex

Robinhood
03-30-2019, 08:07 PM
Palerider, if you have not bedded your old stock try that. Add some pillars too. It is a fun project that usually pays dividends.

Good luck.