PDA

View Full Version : Savage 99: Savage 99A 250 Savage Questions?????

Bearstopper
10-16-2010, 08:25 PM
I just picked up a near mint Savage 99A for my wifes birthday present and am curious as to the date of manufacture. The websites I have used in the past do not cover the post 50's models so I need a little help. The serial number is as follows: D045525....This rifle has the most well figured wood I have ever seen on a 99 and looks virtually new. It has a tang safety and the aluminum rotor with a counter. Has a fold down rear sight and I believe it was factory drilled and tapped for scope but have not had the Leupold base and rings off yet. It has a straight stock schnable foreend walnut with a steel butt like most of the EG models had. If you can give me any info on it I appreciate it. By the way I have been dreaming of getting my hands on a 99 in 250 Savage for a couple years so I didn't hesitate to give my Kimber Custom II and 200.00 dollars for it as I have seen beat up ones sell for more than what I have into this one.

6mm250
10-21-2010, 06:13 PM
D045525 = 1979

peabody
11-07-2010, 09:44 PM
I just picked up a near mint Savage 99A for my wifes birthday present and am curious as to the date of manufacture. The websites I have used in the past do not cover the post 50's models so I need a little help. The serial number is as follows: D045525....This rifle has the most well figured wood I have ever seen on a 99 and looks virtually new. It has a tang safety and the aluminum rotor with a counter. Has a fold down rear sight and I believe it was factory drilled and tapped for scope but have not had the Leupold base and rings off yet. It has a straight stock schnable foreend walnut with a steel butt like most of the EG models had. If you can give me any info on it I appreciate it. By the way I have been dreaming of getting my hands on a 99 in 250 Savage for a couple years so I didn't hesitate to give my Kimber Custom II and 200.00 dollars for it as I have seen beat up ones sell for more than what I have into this one.

cry, [snif] i HAD one exactly as yours. it was stolen, enjoy that rifle !! someday i'll find another,
how i wish savage would make those again.
peabody

Mad Dog
11-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Got oone just like it, a tack driver!

langenc
01-31-2011, 07:35 PM
She will like it.