PDA

View Full Version : Article: A Better Bore Guide? Pro-Shot Products "The Stopper"

J.Baker
03-06-2019, 03:26 PM
You can view the page at http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?508-A-Better-Bore-Guide-Pro-Shot-Products-The-Stopper

celltech
03-06-2019, 06:24 PM
This is functionally the same design as a Tipton unit I got on Amazon. They work great! There can be a little dribble off the reducer cone where it meets the bore, but nothing like not using one at all. These are highly recommended!!!

jpx2rk
03-06-2019, 06:35 PM
Have you by chance tried or used the one for 17hmr, Savage in particular??

J.Baker
03-06-2019, 07:05 PM
Have you by chance tried or used the one for 17hmr, Savage in particular??

I have the Possum Hollow Savage Rimfire bore guide that works with the Mark I/II/93 Series as well as my CZ 452's. Not sure what else they will work with. I don't really care for the design as the bottom half of the guide is machined away (pretty much has to be) to clear the sear and standing ejector. As such it really does nothing to keep solvent out of the action area, so it's only benefit is keeping the cleaning rod aligned with the bore which it only does so-so as I find it slides all over the place if you don't hold onto it (no o-ring to keep it locked in place like the centerfire bore guides).

Haven't looked around yet to see what more universal options might be out there for rimfire bolt guns. Give me time, I'll get there - some day. lol

sharpshooter
03-07-2019, 01:46 AM
They are a decent bore guide, but nothing really new. That is the original design from Stoney Point products from 25 yrs ago. Stoney Point went out of business and sold most of their product lines to other companies.

DesertDug
04-16-2019, 12:09 PM
got this on your recommendation and this article, and I am very pleased and I am glad that I am cleaning my riffles correctly now-a-days.

Works like a chime.

A&8's
04-17-2019, 03:33 PM
I used to shoot comps with John Dameran Sr., the guy who started Pro-Shot. Since his passing, it is still a family ran business, with his son, John Jr., taking the reins. All of their stuff is great and the only cleaning product I stock an entire line of in my retail shop.

BTW: It's Taylorville....not Taylor(s)ville, as stated in the article. ;-)