PDA

View Full Version : Can't adjust LOP on 110 tactical.

FatDrat
03-04-2019, 09:16 AM
Purchase 110 tactical. Setting up Length of Pull. Several inserts, but Savage indicates with a flyer in packaging that no more than one insert at a time is recommended on accufit stocks. I called them and it was confirmed that only one at a time should be used. "What about the stacking on the description and videos" I asked. More or less they said "OOPS". This is my first Savage, but friends spoke highly of the accuracy and ease of working with Savage. Many things purchased to build this up...now what? Any suggestions? THANX...

J.Baker
03-04-2019, 01:15 PM
First, what do you need the LOP to be?

Second, the folks working the phones at Savage aren't the most knowledgeable and any advice from them should be questioned to some degree. They're phone jockeys with keyboards and monitors, not gunsmiths or production workers well versed in firearms.

I've now tested two rifles with the AccuFit stocks and as explained in both reviews you can stack the spacers to a point with the supplied screws, but if you need longer than a 14" LOP you will need to source longer screws. The spacers interlock with one another - clearly indicating they were designed to stack. If you're worried about them racking under recoil when stacked, you could epoxy or JB Plastic Weld them together once you know which ones you need to use so they're one solid spacer.

big honkin jeep
03-04-2019, 11:00 PM
Sounds like Jim hit the nail on the head.
Lots of knowledgeable folks here willing to help you along the way if you need it.
I think you'll like your new rifle.
Welcome aboard